If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you’ll fit in at The Standard (www.standard.com). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and services, we help people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
The Project Manager III works on a wide range of assignments that are complex, up to and including Enterprise-wide assignments. Often defines procedures or identifies innovative solutions for how to complete project management tasks. Is a primary driver of collaboration on project teams. Influences decision-making and actively engages with business leaders, sponsors and key stakeholders to ensure optimum business value delivery. Regularly acts as a mentor and role model for other project managers.
Contribute to the company’s success through excellent customer service and meeting or exceeding performance objectives for the following major job functions:
1. Manage CFS related projects, including large scale strategic projects, small department projects and everything in between in the role of project manager. Act as a power user and key resource for plan based project management tools including MS Project/Server, Jira and Confluence. Work with the IT PMO to ensure that project management best practices are being followed
2. Function as a business analyst by gathering and documenting requirements, as well as understanding the business processes and priorities necessitating the requirements. Facilitate training documentation and governance of financial systems.
3. Perform administrative and application configuration and support activities related to key financial systems
4. Support the operations request intake process including customer follow-up, business case analysis, request disposition and priority recommendations
5. Function as a business process analysis performing documentation, process audit and governance activities and facilitating continuous improvement initiatives
Demonstrated skills: Solid knowledge and skills in project management, business analysis, system support and process improvement. Demonstrated influencing and leadership skills required of a project manager or business analysis. Basic understanding of accounting principles and processes. Experience working in a fast paced and evolving environment.
Ability to: Work with executive and director level management. Contribute to a team of seasoned IT professionals embedded in a business environment. Present complex information to all levels of users and management. Serve as a liaison between the finance team and IT. Understand customer needs and priorities. Facilitate cross-functional and cross-organization project teams.
Advanced Knowledge – Relevant project management and business analysis methodology. Proficient with Microsoft Suite of Tools (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Visio etc.)
Education: BS/BA in Business, Finance, Project Management, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Experience: Three – five years of project manager experience, with 1-3 years of business analysis experience and 1-2 years of system support experience
Professional certification required: None
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
For more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity applicant rights, click here.
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance or accommodation with the application process should contact HR Direct at 971-321-7871. This number is only for the use of individuals with disabilities who need accommodation with the application process. General inquiries about application status will not be addressed.