If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you’ll fit in at The Standard (www.standard.com). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and services, we help people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
We are looking for a bright paralegal to join the Transactions team within the Legal & Compliance Department. This person should be self-sufficient and have proven capability handling high quality, high volume delivery with minimal supervision. This person must be a quick learner with impeccable attention to detail. If you enjoy working in a team environment and have an interest in joining an in-house transactional team, this could be the position for you!
• Manage Service of Process (SOP) requests such as wage verifications, levies, support orders, authorizations, and garnishments.
• Assist with document production requests and bankruptcy matters.
• Assist in-house attorneys with transactional-related projects.
• Communicate and interact professionally with persons at all levels in the organization, industry, and community.
Education: Associate’s Degree in Paralegal Studies or Paralegal certificate.
2. Experience: 0-2 years’ work experience as a paralegal in a legal department or law office, or substantive internships while obtaining a paralegal degree.
3. Skills & Knowledge: General knowledge of pleading rules; state and federal civil procedure acts; legal and medical terminology; and matter management software. Ability to analyze facts and identify relevant legal issues; communicate clearly and concisely in written and oral communication; and analyze documents and files in support of transactional management and special projects. Experience performing legal research and proficiency with Adobe Acrobat. Self-motivated and detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects and complete tasks within tight deadlines. Must be comfortable exercising independent judgment in completing tasks.
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
For more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity applicant rights, click here.
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance or accommodation with the application process should contact HR Direct at 971-321-7871. This number is only for the use of individuals with disabilities who need accommodation with the application process. General inquiries about application status will not be addressed.