If you’re someone who likes to stand out from the crowd and make a positive difference, you’ll fit in at The Standard (www.standard.com). We set ourselves apart in the retirement plan business by paying attention to details as we are redefining what a retirement plan should be. If that’s your kind of challenge, you could be our kind of employee. Consider joining our team.
The Standard is looking for a strong senior financial analyst to:
• Become the subject matter expert of a financial area of the organization, understanding the factors impacting results and interconnectivity across the organization. Leverage knowledge to perform detailed analyses and recommend actions. Perform assignments that can be specialized or general and are usually of a complex nature and significant scope.
• Lead, develop, implement, maintain, and report from complex financial systems, processes, and models to produce insightful financial and operational analysis, provide accounting control, and make recommendations to support Division decision making and planning. Understand and assess current processes to determine opportunities to enhance efficiency and/or accuracy.
• Assist in development of Executive level presentations on business results, competitor analyses, Plan, forecast, etc. Effectively communicate with internal management to deliver complex findings in a clear and concise manner.
• Collaborate with various levels across the organization to understand in great detail factors impacting the business while being able to tailor messages to different audiences. Act as a mentor to other team/department members, participating in growth and development of others.
Must be comfortable with ambiguity, pressure situations, and financial systems.
Will consider developing less-experienced but highly motivated strong talent for a Financial Analyst I position.
40-50% - Lead the development of complex and insightful analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual operational, financial, and product performance results, forecasts, trends, and cost benefit analysis/projections, crossing critical business functions that may include sales, underwriting, service, and operations, as well as outside business partners. Lead the development, review, analysis and interpretation of complex systems and accounting transactions and records to support business functions. Develop, compile, analyze, and interpret management reporting. Lead the development of performance measurement models, techniques, systems and tools. Interpret complex requirements and develop advanced processes to support Regulatory and tax reporting, working with CFS to ensure compliance with regulatory and accounting guidance.
20-30% - Lead the development, review and analysis of manual and automated procedures, systems and controls. Recommend and take action as needed. Lead in development and implementation of new systems, or enhancements to existing systems, to resolve problems or improve accounting, financial and data processes, and internal controls. Lead the development of complex systems and reports to extract and combine data from a variety of sources; maintain databases; lead the design and implementation of performance measurement models to assist senior management in monitoring and analyzing operating performance.
5-10% - Interpret, present and communicate complex ideas and results to inform, influence, and persuade Division Management, project teams, CFS and/or other business units. Effectively use written and verbal skills, as well as analytic tools, to ensure timely identification and understanding of critical performance factors and accurate financial/operational information.
5-10% - Oversee and review work products and development of advanced analysis skills of Financial Analyst I and related positions.
5-10% - In coordination with Corporate CFS, lead the development, implementation, and maintenance of internal accounting controls for Division. Review and coordinate results with Corporate CFS, and lead in implementing system or process improvements as needed.
10-20% - Prepare advanced and highly complex ad hoc financial analysis demonstrating industry/division knowledge for senior management. Represent and/or lead team/department/division in projects.
1. Education: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
2. Experience: 7+ years progressively responsible experience in the preparation, interpretation and analysis of financial results, or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience. Firm knowledge of data structure and system design concepts as well as experience with query and analysis tools. Will consider less experience for Financial Analyst I position.
3. Advanced capabilities in Microsoft Office suite of products (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Strong ability to leverage systems to eliminate need for manual data collection efforts. Modeling experience preferred.
4. Professional certification preferred: CPA, CFA, CMA, or MBA preferred (or actively pursuing).
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
For more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity applicant rights, click here.
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance or accommodation with the application process should contact HR Direct at 971-321-7871. This number is only for the use of individuals with disabilities who need accommodation with the application process. General inquiries about application status will not be addressed.