This is your opportunity to accelerate your success as our next Employee Benefits Sales Manager with responsibility for general management of our Cincinnati, Ohio, sales office, reporting directly to the Regional Vice President of Sales. As our Sales Manager, you will be responsible for attaining sales results by providing leadership to both Sales and Service teams. You will lead the Sales team directly via hands-on, full-cycle management. The Service team is managed by a Service Manager reporting to the Senior Director of Field Services.
Primary Responsibilities for this position include:
• Deliver team sales results utilizing a broad portfolio of professional and industry knowledge, skills and experience while delivering on The Standard’s brand promise. Act as the catalyst for revenue generation and long-term growth through outstanding relationships with Brokers/Producers, corporate partners, staff and others who enable our success.
• Manage all aspects of employee life cycle for the Sales team, from hiring outstanding talent, through employee development and performance management, hands-on coaching, and employee relations. Act as the key resource utilized by the Sales team to exceed their individual targets.
• Partner with the Field Service Manager to ensure unparalleled service to our customers and Brokers.
• Partner with the Regional Vice President of Sales to drive regional results, develop your expertise, improve the team and contribute to, or lead, projects and initiatives.
• Manage office operations in partnership with the Field Service Manager
To succeed in this exciting role you will need:
• You will have achieved senior-level status as a Sales Professional within the Group Benefits/Employee Benefits industry, demonstrating consistently your ability to deliver sales results that exceed expectations. Minimum direct sales experience of 5 years required.
• You will have demonstrable people management experience commensurate with the staff levels and organization of the office. Ideal candidates will have prior experience managing sales staff. Indirect or direct experience managing service functions including account management and sales support staff highly desired. Clear understanding of leveraging service deliverables toward the achievement of sales results required.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Must be insurable under corporate insurance carrier.
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
For more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity applicant rights, click here.
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance or accommodation with the application process should contact HR Direct at 971-321-7871. This number is only for the use of individuals with disabilities who need accommodation with the application process. General inquiries about application status will not be addressed.